3000 Chapel Hill Road
Douglasville, GA 30135
If you suffer from a cavity your dentist will remove the decayed part of the tooth and fill the area from where the decayed substance was removed. Fillings are used to repair cracked or broken teeth arising from cavities or from normal wear and tear of the teeth with habits such as nail-biting or tooth grinding.
We use a local anesthetic to numb the area before we fill it. We then test the area to determine if the decay has been effectively removed. The cavity is cleaned to rid the area of any bacteria and debris. The filling is conducted in multilayer process that involves applying tooth-colored material in layers. Each layer is applied and cured with a special light. As the multilayer process is complete, we will then shape the composite material and conduct the final restoration.
Caring for teeth with fillings
- Follow good oral hygiene practice
- Visit your dentist regularly for cleanings, brushing with a fluoride toothpaste, and flossing daily
- Tooth sensitivity after a filling is normal but if a particular food is causing it, it’s advised to avoid such food for sometime following the filling
- If your tooth is extremely sensitive and you feel a sharp edge, call your dentist and schedule an appointment
- Mon & Wed :7:30AM to 5PM
- Tuesday: 9AM to 7PM
- Some Thurs Appts Available
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Conveniently request an appointment online or give us a call. We look forward to exceeding your expectations.Make an appointment